July 9, 2020
Residents, Families and Partners,
At The Grand Court of Mesa we’re committed to keeping you up-to-date and informed, especially during the turbulent times caused by COVID-19.
As I am sure many of you are aware, Arizona is experiencing an increase in the reported COVID cases. We’re writing to inform you that we have just learned that one of our residents has recently tested positive with COVID-19. This resident was sent out to the hospital for reasons unrelated to COVID. While at the hospital they tested positive for COVID-19. This resident has not returned to our facility and has been transferred to another location.
We continue to practice the measures that were put in place to mitigate or prevent the spread of the virus. These include, but are not limited to:
- Staying up-to-date and implementing local health department and CDC guidance;
- Following recommended infection control measures, including more frequent hand hygiene, more frequent environmental cleaning on high touch surfaces, and use of personal protective equipment (PPE);
- Visitation remains restricted to essential external healthcare providers or compassionate end-of-life visitation;
- All staff and essential visitors are assessed and screen upon entry into the building;
- Encourage residents to practice more frequent hand hygiene and wear masks and practice social distancing when outside of their rooms;
- Communal dining will not resume and meals will continue to be delivered to residents;
- External community activities and internal group activities have not resumed; and
- Any new residents or residents leaving the Grand Court campus for treatment at an external healthcare provider for any reason will be required to be quarantined upon his/her arrival or return.
We will notify resident physicians and responsible parties on any changes of condition, whether COVID related or not.
While we share the community’s great concern about this pandemic and the rising cases in Arizona, as a result of our efforts, we feel confident in our ability to provide uninterrupted care in a way that will minimize exposure to others. We hope that you will use us as a resource to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
We will provide you updates as things change in the community. As always, please contact me with any questions or concerns.
Robert Aaron Bottom